Tuesday 23 February 2016

granny stripes triangle free pattern

Hey there guys !!!  when I crochet a bag  I face a challenge to accessorize it also.


.This bag here is pretty old , as in I've used it just like that without accessorizing.Now when my eight yr old wanted this bag she asked me to add pretty things . I searched pinterest and  came up with this super granny triangle.You can find the original pattern here. I've altered this pattern a bit to suit my bag. Coming to this bag, well there is no rocket science for this pattern .They are simply 2 solid granny squares .For the handles,I've crocheted a long strip of 6dc and attached it to the bag with sc.
moving on for the triangles



MATERIALS NEEDED
I"ve used 100% acrylic yarn
size 3mm crochet hook

METHOD
My version of this triangle requires a foundation chain in multiples of 3 +1
2dc in the fourth chain from the hook, chain 1 skip 2 chains and 3dc in the third chain
continue in the above way till you reach the last st
now turn your work and slp st in the next 3 chain till you reach the first  chain1 space , now chain 2and work 2 dc in the same space
continue working chain1 , 3 dc in each chain 1 space till you reach the last space
turn your work, slp st till you reach the first  chain 1 space, chain 2 and 2dc in the same space
continue working chain1 , 3 dc in each space till you reach the last space
turn your work , slp st in each chain till you reach the first  chain1 space , chain2 2dc in the same space
continue working chain1 , 3 dc in each of the chain space till you reach the last space
turn your work, slp st till in each chain till you reach the chain 1 space
now turn your work and slp st till you reach the chain1 space , chain2 2 dc in the same space. fasten off

I've made a bigger version of this
I made a foundation chain of 39 +1
moving on, the joining method is fairly simple
 1sc in each of the foundation chain of the triangle

chain 6. now this depends on the size of your bag. I measured mine and found out that it requires chain 6 between 2 triangle to attach. 1 sc in each of the foundation chain of the other triangle
now the joining part, its like joining granny squares . You just have to match the stitches of the triangle to the bag


now to attach the flip triangle
attach some tassels and you are ready to go
This is the first time I'm using triangles to accesorize my bags and I loved it so much that I'll be using it for my next project. thanx for stopping by...happy crocheting

No comments:

Post a Comment