Wednesday 1 March 2017

Crochet corner to corner rectangle free pattern

Hello crocheters !! Today I've come up with a corner to corner rectangle. Very versatile. Easy. Good for beginners.

Now you ask, a rectangle instead of a square. Reason? Firstly there are a lot of tutorials on C2C square but hardly anything on C2C rectangle. So I thought why not share this pattern.
And secondly... Ahem... I'm making a bag out of it. I guess I should put this as the first pointer. I'll be posting what bag I'll make out of this rectangle in my next post. So stay tuned.

Let's begin with the pattern
What you'll need
Yarn of your choice . I've used my fav go to acrylic yarn.
Crochet hook which compliments your yarn. I've used a 3.5mm hook. That's it.

Row 1
Chain 6. 1dc in the fourth chain from the hook. 1dc in each of the remaining chains. You should have chain 3 and 3 dc which forms a square.

Row 2
Turn your work and chain 6.(chain 6 is an increase for every row ). repeat row1 for this square and slip st into the chain 3 space of the square we made in row 1.
Chain 3 into that space and work 3 dc all into the same space. You should have a total of 2 squares








Row 3
Turn your work and chain 6. Repeat row 1 for the first square. Slip st into the chain 3 space of the first square we made for row 2
Chain 3 work 3 DC into the same space and slip st into the next chain 3 space. Work a square into this space. You should have 3 squares now.






Continue with the same pattern till you reach the desired size.
Count the number of squares you made in the last increase row this will help later on in the decrease row. Mine had 17 squares . so I knew when I went wrong.

 The above method was the increase part where you chain 6 at both the ends to increase the rows.
Now comes the part where you decrease only at one end but increase at the other.
I did a total of 17 rows.

For the decrease at one part only
Row 18
 Turn your work slip st till you reach the chain 3 space of the previous square. Chain 3 in that space and work 3 DC making a square. It might look weird initially but still carry on.
continue making square in each chain 3 space like you did in the increase part till you reach the last chain 3 space. Make a square here too.













Row 19
Work an increase over here. (Chain 6 ) and continue working squares again in each chain 3 space till you reach the last chain 3 space. Now slip st into that space. You'll get something like this. It will start taking some shape now.





Row 20
Turn your work. Slip st till you reach the first chain 3 space. Chain 3 and start working squares in each chain 3 space. Make a square in the last chain 3 space too.




Row 21
Work an increase and carry on with the above process of making squares, decreasing at one end and increasing at the other.

I did a total of 50 rows of increase and decrease. This is how it looks.


Now that one part of the rectangle has taken shape it's time to decrease the other end too. Its like filling in the gaps.

You simply have to decrease this end like u did the other. Slip st till you reach the chain 3 space and so on. See ?? Easy.







My rectangle measures 10" wide and 30" long which I'll be using to make a fab bag !!
 So that's it !! Hope it's simple enough. Till the next time happy crocheting !





No comments:

Post a Comment