Friday 6 April 2018

Crochet soccer ball -free pattern

 Hello crocheters !! I've come up with a toy this time. A soccer ball. It's made out of 12 Pentagons. Real easy peasy. Quick. Soft and fluffy. So let's get hooking

Materials
I've used ployester yarn. You can go ahead with any yarn of your choice.
3.5mm hook
Polyfill fibre.
Sewing thread and needle.


Now what I've done is, I've chosen 12 basic colors. Since it's for kids/toddlers, it will be easy for color recognition.

Moving on , I followed this diagram and came up with 12pentagons.
This is not my diagram. I googled it to avoid writing in length.
 I stopped at round 3. You can carry on with a few more rounds if you need a bigger size ball.

Assembling the Pentagons
Arrange in pairs of 6 as shown. You'll get two big patches.
This time I've sewn the patches instead of crocheting them.
Next, start joining both the patches together as shown.


When you reach the last two patches, stuff the ball with poly fill fibre. Make sure you stuff it really well.

 sew the rest of the ball.
And you're done. See?? Easy !!!

It's great as a gift. And perfect for your pet too !!
Did you like the pattern ?? Comment below. Happy crocheting !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment