Wednesday 29 August 2018

Crochet hexagon sling bag with flap -free pattern with lining !!

Hello crocheters !! Time to get vibrant with a new slinger !! I call it the scrap bag !!
 What do you do when you have lots of scrap ? No I'm not into making blankets or beanies !! Back here in India, it's wayyyyyy too hot for beanies !! Even winters are not exactly winters !! They're just change of weather unless you stay up north !!

So back to my question, with all the scrap I gather, I make a bag !! d-uh !! Yes I'm predictable ! I'm obsessed with bags ! Can't help it !!

Crochet isn't a thing in India. Nopes. People are willing to pay thousands for a brand ! But when it comes to crochet or any handwork, they pay pennies !! Yes , pennies !! Or even worse they want it for free !! I keep such people at bay.

Anyway, my point is, when I make a crochet bag and flaunt it, people notice !! It's something different. People are used to seeing the blankets, doilies, pot holders, but not bags !! Hence my blog is totally dedicated to bags !!

Moving on, what you'll need
26 hex
Some cloth for lining (optional )
Tassels.

Arrange the hexagon as shown.
This is not my pattern. I borrowed it from Google.

Next, if you are interested in lining the bag, do it right away. It's easier with all the hex laid out flat. Attach the pocket also. You can check my lining tutorial here and here

Now start closing up the bag as shown in the diagram.
Again, NOT my pattern !!!

Took me a while coz it's a bit tricky when you actually do it. But it's worth it !!


I used a closure. You can skip if you want.

For handles ,they're just DC made from one end and attached to the other.

Accesorize the bag flap like I did with some tassels. And viola !! You have a fab bag !! Flaunt it girl !!

Here's my another version of a hexagon clutch

No comments:

Post a Comment